We are looking for the type of individual who wants be challenged and is community-minded. The Cheltenham Township Fire Department has many things to offer the active and motivated member.
- Serve your community and neighbors.
- Grow lifelong relationships with other members.
- Develop a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment from the challenges of excelling as a firefighter.
- Add valuable resume elements for colleges and employment opportunities.
- Develop leadership skills and pursue command opportunities.
- Participate in recreational activities and social events.
- Participate in free training in a vast array of emergency service disciplines.
- Experience an adrenaline rush second to none.
- Attend annual banquets and be acknowledged for your achievements.
- Receive a monetary stipend for certified training time through our SAFER grant.
- Participate in the Fire Call Rewards Program recognizing your involvement during emergency responses.
- Receive free coverage by our insurance program.
- All protective gear, equipment and apparatus are provided by the Department.
- Firefighters with full duties and privileges must be 18 years of age or older.
- Junior firefighters must be 16 or 17 years of age and have permission from their parents or guardians.
- All firefighters must pass a health physical (paid for by the Department).
- New firefighters must obtain Firefighter One certification in the first 18 months of membership. The classes and training are paid for by the Department.